What you need:
- Fine Sea Salt
- 1 1/3 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 1 1/4 cups of fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 pound of pasta
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Romano Cheese or Grana Padano Cheese (your favorite)
- 5 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto (finely chopped).
What to do:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add asparagus and cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Using tongs, transfer asparagus to a bowl, then drain well in a colander (reserve boiling water).
- Cut off and reserve asparagus tips; roughly chop stems.
- In a blender, puree asparagus stems, ricotta and 1/4 teaspoon salt until smooth.
- Return water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking liquid, drain pasta and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Immediately toss with ricotta mixture, then add your favorite cheese and prosciutto; toss to combine.
- Moisten with pasta cooking liquid, by the 1/4 cupful, if desired. Season with salt to taste.
- Garnish with reserved asparagus tips and serve immediately. Enjoy!