What you need:
- 1 Small Butternut Squash (washed, peeled, seeded and cubed, blanched quickly)
- 1 Pound of DeCecco Pasta (penne, rigatoni, fusilli or bow ties). Whole Wheat or Rice Pasta may be substituted.
- 1/4 pound of Pancetta, optional (chopped)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (sliced)
- 1 Small Tomato (chopped)
- 3-4 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Italian Parsley (chopped)
- Salt, Pepper and Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese to Taste
What to do:
- In an 8 quart stock pot cook your pasta in salted boiling water.
- While the pasta is cooking brown pancetta, then sauté the garlic, tomato and the blanched butternut squash until a nice golden color (5-10 minutes).
- Season with salt and black pepper and parsley.
- When the pasta is cooked drain, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking liquid.
- Add the pasta to your sauté pan and toss well.
- Serve individually or in a bowl for family style and top with Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese.
- Serve with a nice salad, crusty Italian Bread and your favorite wine. Enjoy!