Makes 6 Servings
What you need:
- 1 (1 Pound) of Lentils (place in an 8 quart stock pot with 4 cups of water and boil for 5 minutes, rinse well and wash out pot.)
- 1 Bag of Carrots (peeled, washed and diced)
- 1 Small Head of Celery (washed and diced)
- 2 Whole Tomatoes (washed, cored and diced)
- 2 Potatoes (washed, peeled and diced)
- 1 Large Onion (diced)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 6 Quarts of Cold Water
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
What to do:
- To the stock pot add oil, carrots, celery, onion, garlic and Sautee for 5-10 minutes.
- Add Lentils, Tomatoes, Bay Leaves, water and season with Salt and Pepper.
- Let cook for approximately 2-3 hours on a low simmer, turning frequently. This also freezes well so that you will always have fresh lentil soup. Enjoy!