What you need:
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon of Mascarpone Cheese
- 8 Slices of the Round NY Bread cut into 3/4 inch slices
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for brushing the bread
- 1/2 Pound Imported Mortadella (sliced thin)
- 1/2 Pound Robiola Cheese (cut into 4 equal slices or Fresh Ricotta could be substituted)
What to do:
- In a small bowl combine the Mascarpone and mustard.
- Heat the panini press or griddle.
- Brush both sides of the bread slices with the olive oil.
- Spread the Mascarpone/Mustard spread on the inside of the bread.
- Layer the mortadella and robiola on top of the bread.
- Close the sandwiches and repeat with the remaining bread.
- Cook the panini for approximately 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. A great lunch or dinner. Enjoy with a salad and your favorite glass of wine!