Makes 12 servings
What you need:
- 2 Cups Mascarpone Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- Grated Zest of 3 Lemons
- Juice of 3 Lemons
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 36-48 Ladyfingers or 1 Pound Cake Sliced in 1/2 Inch Slices
- 1/2 Cup Limoncello Liquor
- Zest from 3 Lemons for Garnish
- Powdered Sugar
What to do:
- In a large Bowl beat together the mascarpone, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice until well blended.
- Pour in whipping cream on cup at at time, while continuing to beat mixture. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Arrange on layer of ladyfingers in the bottom of a 10 x 10 inch baking or serving dish.
- Pour the limoncello into a bowl. Take a pastry brush and lightly brush the ladyfingers with limoncello.
- Spread 1/2 of the cream on the ladyfingers and repeat until cream covers them completely.
- Chill overnight. When ready to serve, grate additional lemon zest on top and add fruit and powdered sugar, if desired. Can also be made individually. Enjoy!