What you need:
- 1 Cup Arborio Rice
- 2 2/3 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 Vanilla Bean (split and seeds scraped)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon of Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Heavy Cream
What to do:
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil, add rice and cook for 15 minutes then drain.
- In the saucepan, combine drained rice, 2 cup milk, 1 cup water, vanilla bean, seeds, and salt.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 10 minutes, then stir in sugar and continue cooking until rice is tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat; remove and discard vanilla bean, then stir in remaining 2/3 cup milk and cream.
- Transfer rice mixture to a blender and puree until pudding is fairly smooth.
- Transfer rice pudding to a bowl and chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours or overnight. Serve cold.