What you need:
- 6 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 Pounds of Beef Brisket
- 2 Large Onions (1/2 inch dice)
- 2 Carrots (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 Celery Stalks (1/2 inch thick slices)
- 4 ounces of Pancetta (1/4 inch dice)
- 2 Cups of a Hearty Red Wine
- 2 Cups of D&D’s Marinara Sauce or your own
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1/3 Cup of Parsley (chopped fine)
- 2 Lemon (zest)
- Salt & Pepper
What to do:
- In a large Dutch oven heat to oil and sear the brisket that you have seasoned liberally on both sides for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetables until they’re light brown.
- Add wine and tomato sauce bring to a boil. Add the brisket and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for 3 hours on low, checking occasionally to see if more liquid is needed.
- Remove to a warm platter, slice and add the gremolata as a topping.
- You can serve with roasted or mashed potatoes, broccoli rabe and a romaine salad. Enjoy!