Chef Lachlan Mackinnon Patterson’s recipe has become a D’Aprile favorite for the Holidays
What you need:
- 1 Fresh Pineapple
- 20 Strips of Speck
- 2 Cups of Sparkling Water
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Quarts Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Corn Starch
- Sea Salt
What to do:
- Cube pineapple in 3/4 inch pieces
- Slice Speck thinly and wrap around pineapple.
- Heat oil to 325 degrees
- Make batter by combining flour and sparkling water till you have a light sauce consistency.
- Dust the speck/pineapple in cornstarch and then dip into the batter; fry in the oil for 90 seconds.
- When the fritta comes out of the oil, drain on paper towels, sprinkle with sea salt and serve.