What you need:
- 2 cups (lightly packed) fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 cup shelled and toasted pistachios
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4-5 (about 3 1/2 pounds) fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces prosciutto di parma, thinly sliced
What to do:
For the pistachio pesto:
- Combine the parsley, pistachios, thyme, and garlic cloves in the bowl of a food processor; blend until finely chopped.
- With the machine running, gradually add the olive oil, processing until well blended.
- Season the pesto with the salt and pepper.
For the fennel slaw:
- Place the fennel in a large serving bowl. Add the pesto, lemon juice and toss to coat well.
- Tear the prosciutto into 1-inch pieces and add to the bowl.
- Gently toss to combine. Serve. A great side dish, salad, a luncheon treat or just for anytime. Enjoy!