What you need:
- 2 Tbsp plus 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small eggplant (8 oz), halved, sliced (3 cups)
- 4 cup chopped onion
- 2 small zucchini (8 oz), sliced (2cups)
- 4 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 tsp each salt and pepper
- tube (16 to 18 oz) ready-to-heat polenta, cut into 8 slices
- 1 large plum tomato cut into 8 slices
- 1 Mozzarella sliced into rounds (4-6)
- 1 cup D’Aprile marinara sauce, heated in microwave
- Garnish: chopped fresh basil.
What to do:
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in a large, deep nonstick skillet. Add eggplant and onion. Cover and cook over medium-high heat 4 minutes, stirring a few times until slightly softened.
- Add 1 tsp of the remaining oil, the zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cover and cook 6 to 7 minutes, stirring often, until vegetables are tender.
- Remove to bowl; wipe or rinse skillet.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet. Add Polenta; cook 2 minutes over medium-high heat until bottoms are golden.
- Off heat, turn polenta and spoon the vegetable mixture onto polenta (it’s OK if some falls onto the skillet).
- Top each with 1 slice of tomato and cheese.
- Place skillet over low heat; cover and cook 2-4 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with basil, if desired, and/or serve with sauce. Enjoy!