What you need:
- A N.Y. Strip Roast (8-10 pounds)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Large Onion (quartered)
- 1 Carrot (quartered)
- 1 Celery Stalk (quartered)
- 1 Teaspoon each of Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder and Horseradish (make a paste and coat the Prime Rib)
- Up to 1 Bottle of Red Wine (add 1 cup at a time to the bottom of the pan as the roast is cooking)
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place roast in a roasting pan with vegetables around and wine at the bottom
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and cook for 15 minutes per pound or until your desired doneness.
- Let rest for 10 minutes prior to cutting. Enjoy the Game!