What you need:
- 1 Corned Beef placed in a large stock pot
- 1 Bottle of White Wine
- 1 Large Onion (quartered)
- 1 Large Head of Cabbage (cut into quarters)
- 1 Bag of Carrots (peeled and cut on a diagonal into 2 inch pieces)
- 6 Stalks of Celery (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 6 -8 Red Potatoes
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Seasoning Packet
What to do:
- In a large stock pot place your corned beef with enough water to cover. Skim pot before it comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low add the bottle of wine, garlic, bay leaves, seasoning packet and onion.
- Let simmer for 2-3 hours covered.
- Forty-five to 30 minutes before serving add carrots, celery and cabbage and continue to cook slowly.
- When the vegetables are cooked, remove Corned Beef and cover to keep war.
- On a large warm platter arrange your vegetables, then slice your corned beef on a diagonal. Place on platter. Serve with Irish Soda Bread, Wine or Beer. Enjoy!