This is a great and easy appetizer that will make entertaining easy; a D’Aprile favorite. Enjoy!
What you need:
- 1 Pound of Italian Prune Plums (Fresh figs is a great substitute – cut each prune in half and remove pit)
- Approximately 1 pound of Tallegio Cheese (cut into 1/2 inch chunks – cut as you are doing your fruit)
- Approximately 1 pound of Prosciutto di Parma (sliced thinly)
What to do:
- Place a piece of Tallegio in the middle of the prune and wrap with a slice of prosciutto. Place on a baking tray. Repeat until all of the plums are done.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the plums for approximately 5 minutes. Watch them carefully as not to have all of the cheese melt.