What you need:
- 1 1/3 Pound of D&D’s Veal Cutlets (chicken, pork or beef cutlets can be substituted)
- 1/2 Cup Flour (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 2-4 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Italian Parsley (chopped)
- 1 Small Shallot (chopped finely)
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 Cup of Marsala Wine or Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 Dried Figs (sliced thinly–fresh figs can be substituted)
What to do:
- In a small sauté pan sauté shallots, olive oil and figs until shallots are pale.
- Add balsamic vinegar and let reduce by at least half or until thick.
- Flour the veal and set aside.
- Quickly saute the veal starting with a tablespoon of olive oil in the pan (do not crowd the pan).
- Place cooked veal on a warm platter.
- Arrange the cooked veal on your platter, drizzle the balsamic sauce over it and garnish with chopped Italian Parsley.
- Serve with an escarole, pear and gorgonzola salad and your favorite bottle of wine. Enjoy!