What you need:
- D&D Market`s Chicken or Veal Cutlets (12 pieces) (D&D Market`s already cooked Chicken and/or Veal Cutlets can be substituted)
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1-2 Cups of Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Cup of Flour
- 2 Tablespoons of Garlic (minced finely)
- 2 Tablespoons of Italian Parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Romano Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Large Liuzzi Fresh Mozzarella`s (sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 Cup Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese (grated)
- 1 Quart of your own Marinara Sauce or D&D’s Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 Cup of Olive Oil
What to do:
- Mix the bread crumbs with garlic, parsley, Romano cheese and set aside in a baking dish.
- Put the flour in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the beaten eggs in another baking dish.
- Dredge the chicken or veal in flour (shaking off the excess), then dip in egg, then bread crumbs.
- On a baking sheet (you may need several) place a few tablespoons of olive oil to coat.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Arrange chicken or veal cutlets on baking sheet as not to crowd. Bake them to brown on both side (golden brown). Set aside. This can be done a day ahead.
- Using a baking dish, place some sauce on the bottom of the pan, arrange cutlets on top, and top with more sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmigiano Reggiano and layers of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until chicken or veal is warmed through and mozzarella is bubbly and melted. Serve with a side of pasta, a nice romaine salad and your favorite bottle of wine. Enjoy!