What you need:
- 4 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 pounds Boneless & Skinless Chicken tenders or strips made from Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breasts(about 18 strips)
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups freshly grated Parmigiano Cheese
- 3/4 cup Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs.
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Brush 1 tablespoon of oil over each of 2 heavy large lined baking sheets.
- Place the buttermilk in a large bowl. Add the chicken tenders and stir to coat.
- Let stand at least 15 minutes and up to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mash the garlic with the salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk in the vinegar and then the remaining 1/2 cup of oil.
- Season the vinaigrette, to taste, with pepper.
- Transfer the vinaigrette to a small serving bowl.
- Stir the Parmigiano and bread crumbs in a pie dish.
- Remove the chicken tenders from the buttermilk and dredge them in the bread crumb mixture to coat completely, pressing to adhere.
- Arrange the coated chicken tenders on the prepared baking sheets, spacing evenly.
- Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil over the chicken tenders and bake until they are cooked through and golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken tenders to a platter and serve the vinaigrette alongside for dipping. Enjoy!