What you need:
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 3 Pounds Beef Ribs
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 Cups Chopped Onion
- 2 Cups Chopped Celery
- 2 Cups Chopped Carrots
- 2 Cups Dry Red Wine
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 Bay Leaf.
What to do:
- In a large pot, combine olive oil and butter.
- Add Beef, salt and pepper and brown meat on all sides.
- Remove meat and set aside.
- Add the tomato paste, onion, celery and carrots to the pot and cook about 8 to 9 minutes.
- Add the wine and broth and scrape bits off the bottom.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then return beef to pot, add bay leaf and cover.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove bay leaf and set the beef on a platter.
- Puree remaining liquid and vegetables to form a sauce.
- Taste for salt and pepper and serve sauce with beef.
- Serve with Romaine Salad and your favorite bottle of red wine. Enjoy!